2022 Arnold/Jones/Evans Scholarship Fund
Nevada high school seniors in the graduating class of 2022 with a 2.0 or higher GPA may apply for this scholarship. One parent must be an active or retired member in good standing of any local union affiliated with the Nevada State AFL-CIO. Student must be planning to attend a college, university, vocational or trade school. Five scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each will be offered.
Verification of college enrollment (class schedule) will be required during the summer before check is mailed to the college. Scholarship funds must be applied toward tuition, fees and other appropriate educational expenses. These funds will be disbursed in equal payments over two semesters.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a 2022 Nevada high school graduate?
- Is your parent an active or retired member in good standing of any local union affiliated with the Nevada State AFL-CIO?
- Please list the Local Union & Local Union number of your parent who is an active or retired member in good standing of any local union affiliated with the Nevada State AFL-CIO.
- Statement of your career goals. Please include the name of school you will be attending after high school and your career goals.
- Essay - 1,000 words minimum - Approval of labor unions is at its highest point since 1965. Why do you think that is? What impact do you think the pandemic has had on how people perceive unions? Do you believe unions and politics go hand to hand?
- Please upload your most current transcript (unofficial).
The 2022 Arnold/Jones/Evans Scholarship is administered through the Public
To apply follow the below application instructions:
1. Log on to thepef.org and click "programs," then "scholarships."
2. Choose "Apply for scholarships."
3. Choose "Sign up" and enter your email and create a password.
4. Check your email for link to begin your application.
5. Complete your general application, sign and submit.
6. Next, click on "Opportunities," and search for "Arnold/Jones/Evans."
7. After selecting the Arnold/Jones/Evans scholarship, choose "apply."
8. Answer the supplemental questions and enter your essay into the space provided.
9. Upload your unofficial transcripts.
10. Click "and submit!"